The majority of David’s career has been focused on distribution management across major insurance companies in Canada. He has acquired the skill of understanding the importance of process and execution to achieve extraordinary results along the way.
- Built a scratch agency that climbed from last place in the company to number 4, in just over 18 months. His focus was to recruit quality candidates and utilize a systematic approach to executing the sales process.
- Helped to build and launch a successful MGA
- VP of Sales and Marketing to create the distribution of new products to the Canadian landscape with AFLAC Canada. The introduction of Critical Illness and Long Term Care have grown to become an important part of Canada’s financial planning landscape.
- VP of Sales at Maritime Life -At the forefront of helping create a new distribution channel for life insurance, (through investment focused advisors) which became known as National Accounts. The channel continues to contribute over 40% of the new insurance premium in Canada.
- Sun Life Financial – VP Sales and Distribution, Wholesale channel. Over an 11 year period he built a team from 19 to 100 people and through the efforts of everyone was able to achieve growth of new premiums from $8m to over $250m annually.